Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Monday, February 07, 2005

The Casiogoats?

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone-Jeane, if you're ever in Portland
Catchy, blippy, synthy, and well done. Those were my first thoughts when I heard this one man band. But after a second go round the phrase "hugely derivative" comes to mind. I like this music but i cannot get it out of my head that this guy is ripping off the Mountain Goats, from the super low-fi production to the lyrics and his phrasing, its all too similar to John Darneille's work. Buth the thing is that Darnielle's work is far superior to his, just listen to "Blues in Dallas" from "All Hail West Texas" note the similarities and then note how much better the Mountain Goats are. Well enough bitching here's another song.

Casiotone for the Painfully Alone-Rice Dream Girl
This song is the best one of his that I've heard. It's funny"in an attempt to get my groove on, I offered you my White Castle coupon" and I think most eveybody can identify with the theme of seeing someody who's quite good looking and then experienceing a brief infatuation with them. It'a human nature...I guess.

1 Comments:

  • hmph, so no credit to me, huh? they didn't have "all hail to west texas" in the station, probably every other one but not that.

    By Blogger elisa, at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home