Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Gimme Spoon

So I just got a hold of the new Spoon record "Gimme Fiction" due out May 10th and I like it, but I just don't know how much. Has it been worth the threee year wait? Their last record "KIll the Moonlight" was filled with infectious keyboards, melodies, and beatboxing which I'm not sure this record can top. There are however, lots of fuzzed out guitar solos and fills throughout the songs which remind me of Jeff Tweedy's style on Wilco's latest, "a ghost is born"... thats good. My biggest complaint so far is that the songs don't have enough room to breathe, some songs feel way too cluastrophobic to be completely likeable. Here is the song.

Spoon-Sister Jack

This song fucking rocks, its catchy, has a BIG propolsive beat, and cool guitar and strange sounds all around. I haven't listened enough to the song to know what its about yet but I'm enjoying it anyway and I hope you do to. If anyone from Merge sees this and hates me for posting it, just email me at rhdahl@ucsc.edu and tell me to take it down. Otherwise it'll be gone in about a week.

2 Comments:

  • today i didn't even have to use my AK i gotta say it was a good day

    By Anonymous corbin, at 5:02 PM  

  • Hey Richard, Enjoyed your comments even though I don't know the music. Maybe I'll be enlightened.

    By Anonymous Irene, at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home