Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

This is your favorite band's favorite band

Big Star-Thirteen

It's true. Every band thats any good loves Big Star (ie: Wilco, The Replacements) and I want to love them too. The only problem I have is that most of their music sucks. These guys played '70s rockers and quite acoustic ballads, were ignored by the public, worshipped by the critics, and influenced mine( and your) favorite bands. Of the two aforementioned song categories, this song falls in the latter. There seems like there's only one or two guitars here but its actually three or four swimming around each other to create a beautiful and sweet song that looks back on 8th grade, girls, and rock n roll. Although I dont love Big Star like I wish I could, this song is definitely one of my favorites of all time. Just check my Itunes top played list. Or dont. Just listen to the song and take in those harmonies that sound as if they were recorded underwater; they WILL kick your ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home