Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Monday, March 14, 2005

Keep your distance

Wilco-Venus Stop the Train

This comes from the sessions for "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot" out of which came my favorite album of all time. This didn't make it on the album and I'm glad it didn't. Not because it blows but because it would have been out of place. The dark piano underneath really amtches the mood of the lyrics which might be about child abuse(I may be waaay off on that but its what i think). I love the melody, the harmonies that come in at just the right time, and especially the word coupling "soft saddness". Lyrics don't get much better than that. Sorry for the brevity of my post, I'm tired. enjoy. Hi mom and dad.

6 Comments:

  • I randomly came across your blog. I really like it. PS: Great song.

    By Blogger Mary, at 8:41 PM  

  • i'm looking forward to hearing this one on friday!!!

    By Anonymous smd, at 10:37 AM  

  • i'm looking forward to hearing this one on friday!!!

    By Anonymous smd, at 10:37 AM  

  • why yes, this is my real chest hair

    By Anonymous corbin, at 9:11 PM  

  • p.s. hi to you too, jerk

    By Anonymous corbin, at 9:13 PM  

  • that Corbin is a real jerk - great work Richard...

    By Anonymous uncjim, at 10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home