Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Monday, March 28, 2005

Please be kind

Well today I decided to post some of the music I made over spring break. It was fun to make but for you it might be markedly less fun to listen to. My roomate said liked it that's a plus but he also has to live with me. I've done these songs because even though I'm in college and there's about 3 billion people who play music, I still have managed to not form a band or meet more than 1 serious guitar player. So I've been forced to become a laptop musician. If I were in a band, I'm not sure that this is the kind of music that I would be making. Oh well. It'll do for now. On to the Bedroom Tapes!
Richard Dahl-sinking city ver.2
This song I recorded onto my laptop using only my guitar and voice, afterwards I manipulated the it on the computer. I think this turned out the best of what I've done so far
Richard Dahl-city sound byte ver.2
I'm particularly proud of the middle section of this song, before i processed the sound, it was just me tapping on a coffee table and making weird sounds with my mouth. yay.
Richard Dahl-cities lost at sea
The title of this song is what I plan on using as my next band name if I'm in another one. And if I join a band, they're gonna hafta change their name. Its just too funky fresh to be thrown to the wayside. Also, same deal with the song; me, a guitar, and me laptop. I hope you enjoy this.

4 Comments:

  • Am i on any of these songs?

    By Anonymous smd, at 7:59 PM  

  • nope, sorry

    By Blogger Richard, at 9:22 PM  

  • i'm so excited! i officially have richard dahl originals ON MY ITUNES. this is a day to remember... plus they happen to be really good. i especially like the "sinking one." your themes are making me think of atlantis...

    By Anonymous Emily, at 3:59 PM  

  • richard, i think 1) your blog is really awesome and that you are very good at describing how a band sounds, etc. and, 2) your music is crazy good! not something i would have expected from someone who's such a huge bob dylan fan that he named his little lp/album mini/whatever the bedroom tapes, but really exciting and interesting, nonetheless!!

    By Anonymous moira, at 11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home