Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Monday, March 07, 2005

Watchin' the river flow

M. Ward's voice is a bittersweet sigh. M. Ward's voce is a bittersweet whisper. His music is a kind of melancholy happiness. His songs sound old but have freshness to them that I find umm...refreshing. His songs fell comfortable and like a contradiction. When I hear his voice, his acoustic guitar, with a buzzing electric guitar in ther background I'm reminded of sepia-tone photographs of a small wooden house with a dusty porch, an empty rocking chair, and a muddy river crawling across the picture. It never ceases to amaze me when just the tone of a song can bring up all sorts of images in your head, M. Ward is able to do this consistently. These two songs make me smile a real soft smile and I hope they'll bring the same to you.

M. Ward-Vincent O'Brien

and

M. Ward-Outta My Head
These songs are from his old album "The Transfiguration of Vincent O'Brien" and it is very good.

2 Comments:

  • 1) i likey 2) a lot 3) you should moonlight as a music critic because your writing here is beautiful and you really love it (i know i already told you that online but i wanted other people to know that too) 4) you are neat

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:04 PM  

  • ps that last one was me

    By Anonymous Emily, at 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home