Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I like twins and I and love you too

On!Air!Library!-feb.
This song is an exercise in brevity, it is the perfect length for what it is. This song creates the kind of atmosphere that some bands thrive on, indulge in, and overdo, like Sigur Ros. On!Air!Library! however, is a much better band, they leave you wanting more. The band is composed of a drum machine, a guy who plays keyboards/drums, and twin sisters that play keyboards and guitar. The one who plays guitar sings. In case you're wondering, yes they are hot. Go to their website and check them out. My favortie part of the song is her melody, especially when she says "And you're the only one, I wanna talk to, in this crowd", my head is bobbing right along with the undualtions of the melody. Oh and thanks to Andrew W.K. for the lame ass title to this entry, but remeber just because it's stupid doesn't make it untrue.

M83-Unrecorded
M83-Run Into Flowers
M83 is all about layering, and being named after a galaxy, but its mostly layering. You really have to turn this thing up to hear all the intricate little sounds he throws in throughout the song. These songs are very similar in mood to On!Air!Library!. When I listen to them I imagine walking underwater and looking at a submerged skyline. It also makes me feel open and claustrophobic at the same time. Weird, music can do that?

1 Comments:

  • Okay, so at first I was against the whole blogging thing and I thought you were a loser. But, it's pretty amusing and there's some good music on here, so... I guess I like your blog, as much as I hate to admit it. You should get this shirt to wear when you work at tower- http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts/generic/5eb7/

    By Anonymous Jillian, at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home