Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Toy Story

Randy Newman-I Think It's Going to Rain Today
For me, growing up, Randy Newman was the guy who sang the awesome songs in movies like "Toy Story" and one of the greatest feats of cinema, "The Little Rascals". He always sounded so upbeat, jaunty, and optimistic. The excat opposite of this song. I had no idea until this year that Randy Newman was a serious singer/songwriter. I had no idea he could sound so heavy and defeated, blue and slow. I had no idea he was this good. This is the studio version, when I first heard this song it was a live performance. It didn't have the strings like this one, but I thought it was a plus, wihtout them there's more space for everything. This is almost as breathtaking as the live version and it'll do until I track that one down.

3 Comments:

  • I like that one song "You've got a friend in me". It's pretty cool.

    By Anonymous Jake, at 10:45 PM  

  • oh that jake. Always the jokester...OR "jakester" ha ha...damn.

    By Anonymous Mariah, at 11:17 PM  

  • get Randy Newmans 12 songs, think that is what it is called. Very good.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home