Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Woke up, got outta bed

The Temptations-All I Need
A couple days ago I woke up and I had this song in my head. I fell in love with the Temptations in the 7th grade when that made for TV movie aired on NBC. Now if I had to make a list of the greatest groups of the '60s there's no doubt that the Temptations would be second on my list, right under the Beatles. David Ruffin's voice is one of my favorite of all time. It's so powerful, emotive, rough, and beautiful. Every single note he sings is a blessing. When he gets to the chorus and the background vocals go way up high, it's sublime. The Funk Brothers, Mowtown's band, hold it down like no other. Especially the bass, its the driving force of the song, its bounce and funk are unmatched. It doesn't get any better than this.

2 Comments:

  • I loved the group, too!!! So much soul...

    By Anonymous smd, at 8:01 PM  

  • ...dragged a comb across my head

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home