Radiocures: because radio just plain sucks

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Chicken Soup for the Hypochondriac's Soul

Antony and the Johnsons-For Today I Am a Boy
So I haven't blogged in bit so this entry might be a bit rusty. Like a nail. Left sitting in the rain...enough of that. Man I need an editor.

Antony and the Johnsons. What's so good about this band you ask? Well, if you're asking me I'd say it's the fact that the songs sound spare and heavy at the same time. It's Antony's aching bell-like voice that immediately sends chills shooting down the back of your neck. It's only second that you realize there are other instruments creeping in and creating the shadows in the song. This is some of the most gorgeous music I have ever heard. I just love the way his voice has an insane vibrato that is exaggerated at the end of every emotion-filled line. "For todayayayaya I am a chiiiiiiiiild, for todaaaaayayaya I am a booooy". Pretty damn gorgeous. And let it be noted, I don't throw the word gorgeous around like an old leather football...man I need an editor. Enjoy.

14 Comments:

  • Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 PM  

  • Just thought I'd let you know about a site where you can make over $800 a month in extra income. Go to this site   MAKE MONEY NOW  and put in your zip code..... up will pop several places where you can get paid to secret shop, take surveys, etc.  It's free.  I found several and I live in a small town!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 PM  

  • dear comment spammer, i will kill you

    By Blogger Richard, at 11:27 PM  

  • oh boy! I want to make 800 dollars a month! but I only want to be paid in pancakes. $800 worth of pancakes - imagine the possibilities.

    on the song: it was kinda weird to hear a man sing that he will grow up to be a beautiful woman. I like the harmonies on the song, though.

    By Anonymous cybervato, at 8:01 PM  

  • dude, i am listening to your cd of this right now. and this particular song just played! oh yeah and i am on your computer. and i laughed for about five minutes when i saw your comment to the spanner. in short, thank you for introducing me to this amazing dude, and i will try to remember to read your blog because you are richard, king of all richards. BYE THANKS FOR THE COMPUTER.

    By Blogger COURTNEY PINAR A., at 3:37 PM  

  • oh spammer, when will he learn?

    By Anonymous Jake, at 10:09 PM  

  • that is a serious vibrato. and the metaphors aren't TOO bad... old leather footballs are kinda cool.

    By Anonymous lily, at 11:54 AM  

  • Check out this article about Best Music Download Site

    By Blogger Rajkumar N, at 5:57 AM  

  • i missed the blog. no wonder i havent gotten any new music in a while... i love songs where theres like two lines but you dont care because theyre amazing lines sung in incredible voicesand you just want them to sing it one more time (golden slumbers?? you know what im talking about...)

    By Anonymous Emily, at 12:54 AM  

  • by the way, the metaphors that open and close this entry are and homage to Mr. Douglas

    By Blogger Richard, at 3:24 PM  

  • HA!

    By Anonymous Emily, at 12:51 PM  

  • I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

    By Blogger dwainbenson0001, at 12:41 AM  

  • dwain benson is my new enemy.

    Also, update your damn site.

    By Anonymous erik, at 10:06 PM  

  • I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

    http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

    By Blogger lennymartinez4837, at 8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home